ATTRACTIONS AND CURIOSITIES
If the President of Foss Marai would visit this country, which are the first five locations and five experiences he should never miss?
- Old town. Tallinn is the best preserved medieval city in Northern Europe.
- III Draakon – Medieval Tavern situated in the old court room of Tallinn’s Town Hall, serves its visitors a hearty elk broth, six types of hearty pastries, grilled game sausages and the cheapest wine and beer on the town hall square! No light, or spoons, everything is just like in XV century, only candles!
- Niguliste Museum and Church. Bernt Notke’s “Dance of Death”. Niguliste was built in the 13th century and is one of the few museums located in a sacral building.
- St Olaf’s Church in Tallinn, the city’s biggest medieval structure, took its name from the sainted Norwegian king Olav II Haraldsson.
- NOA restaurant – Nordic cuisine
- Loomelinnak –gathering of different cuisine dinning places. A lot of small design shops, art studios and a lot more. Hipsters place worth seeing.
FOOD PRODUCTS AND WINE
Taking into consideration the list, which is the proper pairing between local dishes and a Foss Marai bottle of wine?
Since we are Northern Country, the local products we grow/have are very limited.
But local whitefish would perfectly match with Foss Marai Strada di Guia Brut. Or, if not talking exactly about local food, than scallops would be a great match with Foss Marai Brut wines.
How would you describe the consumer profile for this country?
Even though Estonia is a small country, consumers are very well educated in wines.
Wine selling numbers are growing each year and especially in fine wines. As to description: people who travel a lot, who like cooking and experimenting, who like fine dining, age from 21 up to 65 yo.
ITALIAN WINE AROUND THE WORLD
Globally speaking, do you observe a noticeable evolution of the Italian wine?
Yes, especially sparkling wines.
FOSS MARAI EXPERIENCE
Have you visited Foss Marai head office before? How did you feel about this experience?
Yes I did! On of the best experiences ever! Very professional young team, very smart and professional production, great office and showroom, very warm hearted welcoming.